For years I proudly declared that I would never be that woman who resorted to Botox treatments to look glamorous. Today, I am eating my words because I recently received my first treatment with Botox in Northern Virginia and I don’t regret it one bit.
In fact, this may be my new greatest obsession!
What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable treatment that is applied to the lines and wrinkles on your face. The Botox actually relaxes the muscle in your face that causes a wrinkle to form and releases it. (How cool is that?)
Why I Decided to Get Botox
Around the second half of my 30’s I began to really notice the 11 lines on my forehead as well as other aging signs.
While I have never considered myself to be a particularly vain person, I have to admit that it did take a blow towards my self-confidence. After talking with family, and friends I slowly realized that I was in the minority of those who have never tried Botox, so I decided to give it a go!
What I Learned from My Botox Treatment
Now that I am a veteran Botox user with one treatment under my belt (ha!) I figured I would share some of the surprises that I experienced from my treatment session:
- It doesn’t kick in right away- I didn’t see my full results for a few days after my treatment (but let me tell you, I look fabulous!)
- It did hurt a little, however, my doctor applied a numbing cream so the pain was very minimal.
- You can’t lie down, exercise or take Ibuprofen after your treatment.
- Botox is surprisingly affordable and honestly totally worth it.
- Botox is not permanent and you will need to go back every 3 months or so to get touched up.
Where to Go for Great Botox Northern Virginia
If you have been hesitating to get Botox, don’t waste one more second! Call the expert injectors at Integrated Dermatology of Reston today at (703)437-7744.