If you are in your twenties, your skin is likely healthy and glowing. Teen acne is behind you and your skin hasn’t started to show the signs of collagen loss or sun damage yet. Now is the best time to start establishing a skincare routine to maintain your healthy skin and explore cosmetic treatments to help slow the signs of aging. Here are our top recommendations for skin care in your twenties.
Establish a Routine: Skin Care in Your Twenties
Now is the time to create good skin care habits to help keep your skin looking healthy and youthful throughout your life. We have a few non-negotiables that we’d like you to make sure you always do.
- Cleansing: Wash your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. We know after a late night out it may be tempting to skip this step, but it just takes a few minutes and your skin will thank you.
- Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen with at least SFP30 daily. Even if you plan to spend most of your time indoors or it’s not sunny outside, your skin is still exposed to damaging rays from the sun. Daily sun protection will help prevent premature aging, hyperpigmentation, and reduce your risk of skin cancer.
- Hydrate: Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and use a hydrating moisturizer. You may also want to add an eye cream to help prevent fine lines.
- Exfoliate: Using a gentle exfoliator 1-2 times a week will help promote cell turnover, preserving your youthful glow.
The good news is that skin care in your twenties is simple and straightforward. Just a few steps each day will help protect your skin!
What Age Should I Start Cosmetic Treatments?
If you are serious about anti-aging, there are a few cosmetic treatments you should consider in your twenties.
- Preventative Botox: If you’re concerned about wrinkles forming, the best way to prevent them is to stop them before they can start. By getting Botox in your twenties, you can keep lines from forming in places like your forehead or crow’s feet.
- Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, and Laser Treatments: Even though your teen acne may be a thing of the past, it may have left behind scars that leave you feeling less confident. These treatments can improve the tone and texture of your skin and reduce the appearance of scarring.
What Age Should You See a Dermatologist?
If you are looking for advice for skin care in your twenties, you should see a dermatologist. An annual visit once you enter adulthood will ensure you are using the best products for your skin and make changes to your regimen as necessary.
Your twenties are the time to focus your skin care on preventive measures that will help to keep your complexion radiant for years to come! You will thank yourself later for establishing a good routine for skin care in your twenties now!